Hallo everybody,

Please distrubute this job advertisement to any who may be interested.

best regards
Stefano

Stable Isotope/goechemistry laboratory Manager

At the Geological Institute, Chair of Climate Geology, of the ETH
Zürich, Switzerland,  we are looking for a full-time laboratory
manager for our expanding geochemical facilities. We seeks a person
with strong analytical and technical skills to oversee the analytical
facilities consisting  4 stable isotope mass spectrometers (two
Thermo Delta V, one Thermo 253 and a  GEO 20/20 with various
peripherals), a HPLC-MS, a GC-MS and an XRF core scanner.

The duties include: maintenance and operation of the analytical
instruments,  the supervision and instruction of researchers and
Ph.D. students working in the laboratory the establishment of
analytical procedures, and the improvement and development of new
analytical techniques. We offer an interesting position in an
international university environment.  The salary range is according
to ETH rules and will depends on experience and degree.

Qualifications: A degree in engineering, chemistry, geochemistry,
physics or related disciplines and extensive  laboratory experience,
preferably with stable isotope mass spectrometry.

To apply, please send by e-mail a letter of application, resume, and
contact information for three references to:
[log in to unmask]   For further information contact
Stefano Bernasconi  or Prof. G. Haug. ([log in to unmask]).

The position is available immediately. Consideration of applications
will start August 17th.  and will continue until the position is filled.

ETH Zurich
Dr. Stefano Bernasconi
Geologisches Institut
CHN-E19.1