Stacey: I have several CCA anomalies over the years.  I believe one of these
anomalies is probably the superior thyroid artery; it is typically the first
ECA branch.  Andy Bebry, RVT

  _____

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stacey
Perrodin RVT RDMS RDCS
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 10:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Common carotid branch???

Does anyone have any literature on CCA branch that may be anomalies?   I
have seen at least 3 different cases of an artery in the mid CCA that comes
off anteriolateral that courses inferior.    My CV surgeon thought I was
nuts last year when I told him about a case until he saw it in surgery.  I
have not found any articles about this.

Thanks Stacey

  _____

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47093/*http:/tv.yahoo.com/collections/222>  with
an Edge to see what's on, when. To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM
Flownet link to: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/uvmflownet.html