Stacey: I have several CCA anomalies over the years.  I believe one of these anomalies is probably the superior thyroid artery; it is typically the first ECA branch.  Andy Bebry, RVT

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stacey Perrodin RVT RDMS RDCS
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 10:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Common carotid branch???

Does anyone have any literature on CCA branch that may be anomalies?   I have seen at least 3 different cases of an artery in the mid CCA that comes off anteriolateral that courses inferior.    My CV surgeon thought I was nuts last year when I told him about a case until he saw it in surgery.  I have not found any articles about this.

Thanks Stacey