Tuesday the kids and I paddled down the Missisquoi River from Louie's
Landing to the lake, and up Charcoal Creek to Rt 78. We were able to
pick out 22 species along the water. Highlights included many highly
vocal Osprey, one juv Bald Eagle, 30+ Solitary Sandpipers seen in ones
and twos along the river, a handful of Semi-palmated Plover, and the
Black Terns feeding along Charcoal Creek. The last three species were
'life' birds for the 8-year-old in the front of the canoe. This being
the kid who, on a fishing trip in Virginia where we saw both a  Black
Bear and a Louisiana Waterthrush one morning, was more excited by the
bird, I think we can say that he has joined the cult...  -  Russ