Well, I was hoping I would be able to get some shots of the 4-day old
chicks, but Mama thrush will not let me get that close. She has dive bombed me  with
all her weight and might, and has made contact with my head and hair. So I
am honoring her intensely fierce maternal instincts and staying away. I can get
 the closest photos of her, but, as small as she is relative to me, it's a
bit  intimidating to have a thrush strike my curls with her beak and feet...she
also  hovers with great skill, that is, until she flies full force at my face.
She stays off the nest quite a bit now, but when she is not feeding the
youngsters, she is perched close by on one of my hanging plants or wind  chimes,
quietly waiting to pounce on potential invaders such as myself.
Will keep you updated. I have seen several other hermits with food nearby
and I can only assume that there are quite a few other nests with chicks in the
neighboring woods.

Jane Schlossberg, Saint George