Big news of the day is the discovery of a Hudsonian Godwit at Dead
Creek/Brilyea.   (I thought I had seen one at Holcomb Slang just
yesterday, but ID was tentative.)  Dwight Cargill called me with the
news about 4:30 pm and I headed down to see the bird.    Between 6:15 pm
and 8:15 pm, the bird was still there and I have some pictures to be
posted later.    Hopefully it will stay put for a while and allow other
observations.   The ID of the bird is fairly certain as it flapped it's
wings in plain view several times and showed the black underwing plumage
and black tail of a Hudsonian.  The bird is in winter plumage.

Good birding.

Terry