Mike Lester and I found some pretty nice birds today at Dead Creek
right before the storm hit.  Highlights include:

SANDERLING (1)
BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER (2)
Least Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Semipalmated Plover (Lots)
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Spotted Sandpiper
PEREGRINE FALCON (1)
Bald Eagle (2)
Osprey (2)
Red-tailed Hawk
Green Heron

The Buff-breasted were up in the grass in the shorebird area up past
the gate where I expected them to be (from yesterday?-probably). The
Sanderling was with some Lesser Yellowlegs across the shorebird area
on a sandy point.  The Peregrine was flying above the 2nd parking lot.

Good Birding,
Thomas Ford-Hutchinson

P.S.  I'm sure someone will post this later but someone told us they
found 2 early White-winged Scooters at Addison Pond.