Sugarhouse Motel is a bit shabby, but it's clean and well run and has
free wireless Internet in the rooms.  I stayed there frequently on
birding trips to Dead Creek before I moved here, and happily stayed
there again last winter for several days while my floors were being
redone.  It wouldn't be a lot of fun as a base for a long leisurely
family vacation, but it's fine for a short stay on a budget.

You might be able to find a room in a small bed and breakfast somewhere
that would cost less, but at least I'm not aware of any less expensive
motels in the area.

Jane
(Shoreham)