I don't remember who it was who said they had a Carolina Wren nest in their Garage earlier this summer, but I've just joined the club.

I've been hearing the male singing in the immediate area of our yard for the past few weeks, but it wasn't until today while doing some woodworking that I noticed why he was so locally focused. 3 times when I entered our garage looking for tools and such, I found a Carolina Wren inside. The first two times, I just thought it had found an unusual place to forage, but by the third time I thought it must have been more than that. So I hung out a bit and saw one move up into the rafters where the nest lays.

I borrowed my niece's camera to take a couple of pictures of the nest, but it may be a few days before she can e-mail them back to me.

Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT