For the record...Dan is 11 years older than me, though I'll admit, I sometimes
forget than I'm not 30 anymore.

While I am just getting used to the "middle aged" thing, I realize that my body
gets sore more easily, gets out of shape more easily and is not as strong as it
used to be even though I am active and get regular exercise. I also do not
have as much energy as I used to have and need to consume energy drinks to
barely keep up with a guy who is well into the next decade of middle age.

I've most admire people over 50 who get into a new sport in a big way. Dan is
a great example. Whitewater kayaking is physically demanding and also
involves a lot of mental stuff, flexibility and stamina. Dan's got it all.

-Sh