Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I go to meetings all the time at which people don't have the sense
>to stop talking.  The corporate and government worlds are similarly
>afflicted with a culture that leads them to keep talking.

I couldn't agree more, Denis!

I just started a job recently as the Scientific Director of a Medical
Education company. We have teleconferences all the time with "KOL"s
(Key Opinion Leaders) who are foremost in their particular medical
field. We have to lead them, with the utmost respect,  to what we
want them to say without their being aware that they are being led.

One of the first things I was taught is that when there is a silence
on the line, whomever speaks first, loses.

--

(c) Jonathan Kamien
mailto:[log in to unmask]