Jim C wrote:
>It's been a particularly hot and dry year here in Idaho. Since I
>arrived in mid-February, there's only
>been 3" of precipitation in Boise and 11" in the mountains outside
>of town. For
>comparison, Burlington has received 10" since June 1st.

That will take some adjustment on your part! Yes, like us, you're
having an exceptionally dry and hot year, but the big thing that
takes some getting used to is an annual average precip of, in your
case, 12.19". Another readjustment in outlook is learning that a wet
spring is not necessarily a good thing as it greatly increases the
summer fire danger. And a 6" rainstorm is *really* bad!

-marc, still not entirely used to rainfall being reported in 0.01" increments.