-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tag
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] OT:Good bye to a great man

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:37:29 -0400, Skip King
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Were it not for CBGB, it might just as
>well have been the Rat in Kenmore Square.

It didn't have to be CB's but it had to be NYC. It all culminated in
'77.
Son of Sam, the yanks, the blackout, punk, a lawless financially
strapped
city, hip hop, 54 it all came together in the city and it only would
have
happened in the environment created by that energy.

>It matters not.  RIP, Hilly, and thanks for your role in returning
>honesty to rock 'n' roll.  Where is your heir?

Hilly didn't return honesty to rock and roll. The artists did. Hilly's
involvement was purely accidental.