Yup, that's me a total jerk.  Get over it, Mike.  If you saw how irate Beckett was at Joba's throws, you'd come to the same conclusion.  Don't get full of bluster and make threatening sounds because you have an irrational fondness for an athletically gifted millioniare.  We might actually ski together some day, and I don't want to have to be looking over my shoulder for a ski buddy with sharpened poles.

Beckett just about jumped out of the dugout, screaming at Joba.  He'll file this away, and since Joba doesn't bat, I expect ARod will be the target next time Beckett pitches.  As I bc'd some others, most of the Yanks are too darn likeable, so ARod is the default target of retaliation.  It just comes with the territory for him.  If you'll pay me $20M, you can throw at me, too.

- Patrick

From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Weinstein
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 11:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] OT: Sox - Yanks

Unlike you guys, Haskell is a total jerk.

Like the Bushies he lets his partisanship for the Red Sox get in the way of logic and decency.

You want Beckett to deliberately throw at Rodriguez' ribs, possibly fracturing them?

I'd like to throw at YOUR ribs, pal.

T O S <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Cheers and Beers to the Yanks.
They played very well. Did Torre let them tank the previous series to be
ready for the Sox? Will the Yanks continue playing this well?
Personally I hope not.

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:13:35 -0400, Skip King
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

>At 07:51 AM 8/31/2007, you wrote:
>>On 8/30/07, Denis Bogan
>><[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>As far as what we have just witnessed is concerned, the key question
>>is which team will suffer the bigger hangover/letdown after playing
>>the other. I have seen this happen after almost every big Sox-Yanks
>>series in recent years.
>>

>>I'm pretty sure all that's missing for the Sox to get back on track
>>is the burning of a JD Drew effigy in the Boston Common. Anyone want
>>to take the lead on this?
>

>No, because I have an alternate suggestion. Thunderdome. JD Drew
>and Eric Gagne.
>
>Sheesh, am I gobsmacked by the Yankees sweep - congrats to the Yanks
>(and all you Yanks fans) for a VERY well-played series. And I'm
>cheesed at myself for the prediction, because as I have posted in the
>past - and I'm pretty sure it was on this list - "One should never
>overestimate the Red Sox - or underestimate the Yankees."

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.