That issue was raised at the State Auditor's conference yesterday.

The 'new' discussion is that the billing, collecting, depositing, and
reconciling should all be done by different persons under the heading
of 'internal controls' and 'segregation of functions in cash
management'  - so we can all expect to hear more of these comments.

At 11:22 AM 9/19/2007, you wrote:
>Thanks to the many officials out there in Muninet land that took the
>time to answer my questions about tax bills.  The question was
>prompted by an audit report from our professional auditing firm that
>questioned the practice of the Treasurer sending out the bills and
>collecting the taxes.  My reaction was that a great many town in Vt
>do it this way--we can't afford to hire a separate "financial"
>person.  Your replies pretty much proved me right.
>Thanks folks.
>Marianne in Windsor
>

>----------
>See what's new at
><http://www.aol.com?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170>AOL.com and
><http://www.aol.com/mksplash.adp?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001169>Make AOL
>Your Homepage.

Larry J. Melen, Weathersfield Town Manager
Telephone: [802] 674-2626
Fascimile: [802] 674-2117
Website: http://www.weathersfield.org

NOTICE:

THIS TRANSMITTAL IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF AND BY THE
INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED.  IT MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, OR EXEMPT FROM
DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.

IF THE READER OF THIS TRANSMITTAL IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OR
THE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE TRANSMITTAL TO
THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY
DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THIS
OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.