From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Larry J. Melen
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tax Bills

That issue was raised at the State Auditor's conference yesterday.

The 'new' discussion is that the billing, collecting, depositing, and reconciling should all be done by different persons under the heading of 'internal controls' and 'segregation of functions in cash management'  - so we can all expect to hear more of these comments.