  From: Larry J. Melen
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:44 AM
  Subject: Re: Tax Bills

  That issue was raised at the State Auditor's conference yesterday.

  The 'new' discussion is that the billing, collecting, depositing, and reconciling should all be done by different persons under the heading of 'internal controls' and 'segregation of functions in cash management'  - so we can all expect to hear more of these comments.