Getting all cats and dogs “FIXED” – what the heck is that?  Are we talking neutered?  I think that would be an ordinance that could not be enforced.  No – we do not have such an ordinance.

Joan

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Margy Becker
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 4:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Animal Control Ordinances

No.

Margy Becker

Selectmen’s Asst.

Town of Sharon

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Larry J. Melen
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Animal Control Ordinances

The Weathersfield Select Board has received a request

"to consider a town ordinance getting all cats and dogs fixed - following the lead of area towns"

Has any Vermont municipality enacted such an ordinance?

Thanks!

Larry J. Melen, Weathersfield Town Manager
Telephone: [802] 674-2626
Fascimile: [802] 674-2117
Website: http://www.weathersfield.org

NOTICE:

THIS TRANSMITTAL IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF AND BY THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED.  IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.

IF THE READER OF THIS TRANSMITTAL IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OR THE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE TRANSMITTAL TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THIS OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.