Marsha and Don,  You are the best and thank you. We all have our ways of doing things and comfort zones. I prefer to stay close to the 35 - 60% areas. I roll the patients in and out of decubitus. I originally did everything with an angle, because I was confident of the angle of the arteries even in the cortex in a transverse scan!!!  So you can imagine my thoughts on no angle. No angles were for cardiac CW doppler! I was shocked to see a technician recently use zero angle correction of a tortuous ICA. To me there is an angle in every "s" turn and it should be angle corrected.

I can see going threw a stenosis without an angle on a renal. The key is to walk in real time thru it. We all must use the criteria for a stenosis and trust the years of proven data. A stenosis is a stenosis and the noise, the angle, the velocity, the turbulence and the ratios are there to guide you. Trust it. Thank you Marsha...Kirk Beach thanks and  I can heard Dr. Strandness now... I miss him, Denise Levy