There are only about 6 ICAVL accreditated screening labs. Screenings are a great "affordable" idea, that may possibly save the life of someone who could other wise not afford to have a specific test, let alone 3 for about a hundred dollars. The results are sent to the patient after the test is read. Its simple and cost effective.  Contact ICAVL regarding accreditation, but as long as the lab is accredited for X amount of time I "believe" you are eligible, " dont hold me to that one."

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:37:16 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Screening??
To: [log in to unmask]

The subject was brought up today if I would be interested in doing vascular screening tests at my current place of work.  I work for a vascular surgeons office and currently do "full" diagnostic vascular testing.  I'm not sure what to think, but I don't know if I could simply do a "screening" test.  I'm so used to being as thorough as possible, it would be hard for me to draw the line.  Although I feel "screening tests" are probably good for the public because you might catch something serious.  But then where would the results be sent? To the primary care doctor's office?  Who's responsible? Would the patients come back here to have the full test?  Would that be strange?  would we run into legality issues being a "full service" lab and a "screening" lab?  Any input would be welcome.  I hear ICAVL is going to try and set up accreditation for screening labs.