From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Betty-Sue/Elizabeth
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: dvt = syncope

I just had my first in 17 years.  An ER resident sent over a 12 year old for a dvt study because he had an episode of syncope. the kid fractured his ankle a week ago and had a cast from ankle to pop fossa. I didn't scan him but I challenged the doc a bit and did a little googling and now I'm wondering what your collective opinion is: idiot? or Dr House?  thanks Elizabeth  MI