I checked again for interesting birds this afternoon.  I didn't see
much save for the usual suspects (green heron, blue herons, great
egret), but as I was getting ready to leave, I saw a large bird with
a dark blue back in the same tree I'd spotted the merlin in
yesterday.  I came back to check it out and when I got a decent look
at it, realized it was a belted kingfisher with a great big fish in
its mouth.  I took a bunch of pictures and posted my two favorites--
one a wide view with a large part of the surrounding tree, and the
other a close up with just the kingfisher:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?&keywords=&dte=2007-09-13

--julie

	this is not true.

			--Robert Wilensky