At Herricks Cove today, we spotted a bird which has proved really
difficult to ID-- it's either a blue grosbeak or an indigo bunting,
and it's in transitional plumage:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?pic=2302

I have other pictures of it, all obscured by branches, trees, etc.,
which are a little clearer than the one I posted, but the one I put
up is the only one that demonstrates the buffy wing bars.

Any thoughts?

Also, I got my first Wood Thrush photograph in my yard today:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?pic=2303

--julie

	this is not true.

			--Robert Wilensky