From: Gregory Askew <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sep 17, 2007 7:57 AM
Subject: Charlotte Town Beach: Sabine's Gull
To: [log in to unmask]

Yesterday, Ted Murin, Jim Meade, and two other birders located a juvenile
Sabine's Gull, which thankfully stuck around long enough for me to catch an
eyeful. The bird in question joined a frenzy of feeding Bonaparte's and
Ring-billed Gulls straight out from the beach, perhaps a quarter of a mile
(?), and hung about for around 15 minutes or so. Striking bird for sure!
This CTB shift also saw:
Several hundred Bonaparte's Gulls
1 Jaeger Sp. (probable Parasitic, spotted by Allan Strong)
1 Ad. Little Gull
1 Black Tern
1 Common Tern
1 Osprey