First, I must say - what a beautiful State you're in. I arrived on the
Greyhound on Wednesday, great views of the Green Mountains with the colours
just starting to change. Anyway, back to the birds, here's what I've seen so
far:

All the Winooski River sightings are down to Jeremy Brooks. We did a 2 hour
canoe tour down the Winooski River to Delta Park. I highly recommend his
tours. He cleared away some of my European confusion.

Common Loon, adult on Lake Champlain 9/27
Double-Crested Cormorant, 50+ Burlington Breakwater and Dunder Island 9/27
Great Blue Heron, 2+ Winooski River 9/28
Great Egret, Winooski River 9/28
Snow Goose?, Blodgett Beach 9/27 too far away to be certain.
Canada Goose, 200+ Blodgett Beach 9/27 and Delta Park 9/28
Wood Duck, 5+ Winooski River 9/28
Mallard
Black Duck, 1 male North Beach 9/28
Common Merganser, 13+ Winooski River and Lake Champlain 9/28
Osprey, Winooski River 9/28
Northern Harrier, Colchester 9/28
Red-tailed Hawk, Winooski River 9/28
Merlin, female Echo aquarium 9/27
Spotted Sandpiper, Winooski River 9/28
Ring-billed Gull,
Herring Gull,
Great Black-backed Gull,
Feral Pigeon,
Mourning Dove, Winooski River 9/28
Belted Kingfisher, Winooski River 9/28
Northern Flicker, Winooski River 9/28
Pileated Woodpecker, Winooski River 9/28
Blue Jay,
American Crow,
Black-capped Chickadee,
Tufted Titmouse,
European Starling,
House Sparrow,

Off to Shelborne Museum tomorrow for a more relaxed day.

Grant