Dear Associates.  Below is the question from my customer.    I am not
having any success finding this study.    Finding lots of articles that
dance around the topic.   Any leads???   thank you much

"a long time ago, we (nurses) use to cite a study that demonstrated that if
MD sat down (at the bedside) instead of standing beside the bed to talk
with a patient...and then you asked the patient how long the doctor spent
with them....the patient's perception would be that the MD who sat down was
there longer than the MD who stood up.    So if I timed two doctors...both
spent two minutes with the patient but one sat down and one stood up...the
patient would tell me that the doctor who sat down was there a longer time.
I guess it really doesn't matter where this interaction occurred, however I
think it was an inpatient situation that was studied.
|   Thank you for using your Library. Is there anything more I can do to   |
|                                assist you?                               |
| Please contact me with suggestions on how we can improve our services to |
|                                   you.                                   |

 Diane Stone, MLS
 Regional Manager

     E02500C Library Services     Cell Phone:        513-382-0695
      Mercy Health Partners       Phone:             513-732-8358
       3000 Hospital Drive        Fax:               513-732-8658
        Batavia, OH 45103

    Don't forget to visit your
        library on the web
    http://www.mhplibrary.org
     "Victory will go to the
   perpetually curious." - Tom
              Peters

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the