Jimski wrote:
>Awesome reds and oranges have erupted in the last couple of
>days.

Actually the blanket of fall colors over the rolling hills is one
aspect of the east that I miss. We get fall colors here, but it's
more like fall color or two due to the more or less monoculture of
deciduous trees in the wildlands. Scrub oaks (golden tan) and aspens
(bright yellow gold) are pretty much it except for the occasional
maple that gives a spot of red [technically it isn't a maple,although
it looks similar. For the most part, maples cannot grow here: the
evapo-transpiration rate through the leaves exceeds the water uptake
rate of the roots. However there is the occasional anomaly like Maple
Canyon.]. But it's a more than fair trade-off to not have the
stultifying humidity of the east.

-marc