It's nice to see that mtn. biking in Chittenden County is finally
catching up to where mtn. biking was in Windham County 15 years ago.
I'd say one of the biggest differences between mtn. biking up here and
down there is that up here at places such as Saxon Hill, Catamount
Center, and Hinesburg Town Forest, you have that feeling of riding in
that controlled park of trails that JJ describes so well.  That's not
to say that HTF has bad trails, on the contrary, it has some very cool
terrain.  But, in Windham County, there's one fellow who has 26 miles
of trails out his back door, people often ride on roads to get to or
connect loops and the rides tend to feel like you're actually going
somewhere.  Often times rides will start and end in very different
places.  Four are not unheard of.

--Matt K.