On 9/21/07, Alex Friend <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> So... where do Utahns go on vacation?

In ten years of living there. all my vacation time was spent within a
days drive of SLC, with 95% of that time in UT.  In that time I had
the following weekend trips out of UT
WY- 2 ski trips to Tetons, many trips to kayask snake river
ID-  countless river trips, a couple of ski trips north of SV, and a
lot of climbing at City of
       Rocks
CO-never to ski, don't be silly.  Lot's of river trips.
AZ-Grand Canyon hiking
NV-Las Vegas has some of the best rock climbing in the US.  No kidding.
All my 5 day + vacations over those 10 years were in UT.  Outside of
ski season, I used to leave SLC 3 out of every 4 weekends, yet the
list of hikes/rides/climbs/canyons I wanted to visit kept getting
longer instead of shorter.