Okay-- first, Allen Brothers Marsh yielded multiple varieties of
sparrow: song, savannah, white-throated and possibly field, along
with great-blue herons, mallards, wood ducks, goldfinches and a
common yellowthroat.

Today was the first day in a week where I didn't see any
white-crowned sparrows anywhere, but I didn't spend a lot of time
looking for them.

In the yard today was the first red-breasted nuthatch I've seen at
our feeders this Fall.  Purple finches continue in large numbers,
along with white-throated sparrows, tufted titmouses, black-capped
chickadees, occasional dark-eyed juncos, white-throated sparrows,
downy and hairy woodpeckers, white-breasted nuthatches, northern
cardinals, american robins and (heard, not seen) at least one
carolina wren.

Also in our yard is our resident red-shouldered hawk, looking much
redder on the shoulders than last year.  I don't have much in the way
of pictures of it, but I got a good look at it as it flew off and I
heard its call very distinctly (it's hard to miss when it's overhead).

Thumbnails of the savannah, the red-shouldered (obscured picture with
leaves in front), a purple finch and the best red-breasted nuthatch
picture I've ever taken all at:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?&keywords=&dte=2007-10-15

--julie

	this is not true.