The Juncos have swarmed into our feeders en masse.  I have no idea
how many we're getting because I haven't gotten the leaves off the
lawn yet, so it's hard to tell what's going on, but our predominant
birds in the yard right now are goldfinches, dark-eyed juncos and
white-throated sparrows.  We also have our usual supply of
goldfinches, some house finches and a few purple finches, along with
tufted titmouses, white-breasted nuthatches and lots of bc chicadees.

I'm assuming that the plumage on this junco:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?pic=2405

is just transitional plumage, but I've never noticed it so strikingly
vivid before.

I also got some nice pictures of a white-throated sparrow yesterday.
All of the 10/23 pics are at:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?&keywords=&dte=2007-10-23

On the 20th, our resident hawk was in full view and I got some nice
pictures of it:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?&keywords=&dte=2007-10-20

In OT news, we did a Sunday trip to Plum Island.  Didn't get a -lot-
of pictures (the wind was prohibitive) but did get some amazing looks
at a Northern Harrier by the Pines platform and a ruby-crowned
kinglet:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?&keywords=&dte=2007-10-21

Enjoy!

If I have time, I'm planning to check out the Westmoreland, NH,
Rufous Hummingbird in the next day or two.

--julie

	this is not true.

			--Robert Wilensky