While tramping through the LaPlatte River marsh yesterday afternoon, I
spotted a Blue-headed Vireo (my first) as well as a small flock of White-throated
Sparrows. Across the street in Shelburne Bay there is (or was) an impressive
number of Canada Geese (228),  Mallards (24),and American Black Ducks (6), as
well as the usual fleet of Ring-billed Gulls (88). I did pick out a small group
of Hooded Mergansers (8) amid the other waterfowl as well as a single (but
eligible) Great Blue Heron and a Green Heron.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington