For the past month I have been reporting banded Snow Geese spotted at
Dead Creek WMA.  These are female Greater Snow Geese banded on their
breeding grounds during spring..   With 11 bands reported,  we can see
that the Dead Creek Greater Snow Geese are from at least three breeding
populations:

*BYL : Bylot Island, Nunavut, Canada*
*ELL : Ellesmere Island, Nunavut, Canada*
*IAO : Īle-aux-oies, Quebec, Canada*

The oldest bird was banded in 1997 and the youngest in 2007.  Most birds
are from Bylot and most are young birds banded in the past three seasons.

	Bylot
	Ellesmere
	Ile-aux-oies
2007
	1
	1
	1
2006
	2

	2
2005

2004
	3

2003

2002

2001

2000

1999

1998

1997
	1

Outside of reports in Canada, these birds have been seen in Pennsylvania
and Virginia during past years.

Good birding,

Terry

P.S.  If you see a neck collar on a Snow Goose at DCWMA, please write
down the colors (typically black letters on yellow or green collar)and
4-digit code and submit it here:
http://www.cen.ulaval.ca/gon-gsg/index.html

And, I'd appreciate receiving email with collar numbers as well
([log in to unmask]).   As the DB grows, I will be glad to post
updates.

Good birding,

Terry