Scratch another name off the enlightened list. My fault for thinking, no, projecting, that you might be cultured. Was it the pomes? Or the fact that you teach--and teach writing, a subject once very dear to me?

Do they sell 30-grit at Estey's?

Nobody sez anybody has to like opera. [Ben, did you say that?] And of course the thing about the plaidlist is that there's no shortage of strongly held opinions. But do you really have to throw beanballs? I always thought opera was something very cool in its own way that I didn't really understand, and that was enough for me. Sort of like skiing freeheel.

Alex