Wow indeed.  4 years ago I feared not living long enough to see a Red Sox Championship.

My only regret, a small one, is that the series didn't go long enough to mint a new punchline to an old joke; "You can get a Fenway Park hot dog in November."  The Rockies are a good team that never gave up.  The series could easily have been tied 2-2 right now.

I am salivating over the prospect of watching the Yankee front office stagger toward madness in the coming year.

That said I think the Red Sox and the American League became dominant because they had to respond to the Yankee challenge.