Heidi, I,m sorry if it sounded like I was criticizing the League or
the Leader - it's a great program.  It makes sense that we can only
screen health insurance employees and only those employees affect our
rates - I was just looking for ideas about how to include the other
employees.  In our case there is only one full-time employee who is
not on the insurance, and I don't want him to feel slighted or
singled out.  The Selectboard is willing to use his share of the
incentive to pay part of his wife's premium since he is on her health
insurance, but it's more difficult to get him involved.  I have been
considering asking him if he gets some type of screening through his
own physician but I don't know how much I can ask because of privacy issues.

At 07:44 PM 11/13/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Bobbi,
>
>The League can only conduct health screenings on those who are on
>the health insurance because of funding and for liability
>reasons.  You can contact Profession Nurses Service or VNA to have
>others come in to screen your employees who are not on the
>insurance, and we encourage this.  Anyone can participate in the
>Keep It Off and On the Ball Challenge this year as long as they work
>for the town.  You don't count them on the Leader, because they
>aren's included in the annual premium (apples to apples).  This year
>we will be giving extra credit on the Leader for involving,
>dependents, retirees, and other employees not on the insurance.  The
>money from the Leader comes to the town.  You can certainly share it
>with all your employees, not just those on the health
>insurance.  I'd be happy to talk more, and more ideas should surface
>at the Wellness Coordinator meeting.  Heidi

Bobbi Brimblecombe
Marshfield Town Clerk
122 School Street, Room 1
Marshfield, VT 05658