-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marianne A. Blake
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Highway Dept. question

Anyone:

Is it legal for Vermont towns to outsource their highway department
functions to a private contractor?

Do any towns do this?  Is it cost effective?  Are the private contractors
mindful of citizens' needs.

Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Marianne in Windsor

  _____

See what's new at AOL.com <http://www.aol.com?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170>
and Make AOL Your