Has anyone had experience using Spiceworks for inventory ?

Bill Clark

Austine School for the Deaf

Brattleboro, VT

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa Willard
Sent: November 13, 2007 1:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Request Tracker

I had RT set up at one of my schools and found that it was very basic and not always user friendly.  I set up SysAid Server Free at my other school (can only support 100 computers, so if you have more you would need to pay for it).  I really like SysAid.  It's easy to use, has a number of reports, does all of my hardware and software inventory for me and is easy to set up and deploy.  Runs on Windows XP.  You can also set up remote control if wanted.   I'll be setting it up at my other school soon.

Lisa Willard
ANESU Tech Support
Monkton Central School - T/TH - 802-453-2314
Bristol Elementary School - M/W/F - 802-453-3227

Dave,  RT looks very powerful.

I've implemented OSTicket as part of Fantastico and it works quite well.  Also comes as part of Fantasico.  Had to tweak a few items, but the fixes were easily found in the forum.
http://www.osticket.com/

Lucie

On Nov 8, 2007 4:06 PM, David Webb <