This morning a male Harlequin was in the bay across from the boatyard at
the end of Harbor Rd in Shelburne.  At 8:30 AM it was very close to
shore cavorting with a dozen Common Goldeneye.  I watched it for about
20 minutes until vehicle and pedestrian traffic picked up on the road
and the flock drifted around the point.  I checked the bay again at
about 3:30 PM and did not see the Harlequin or attendant Goldeneyes.  If
anyone is planning to visit the bay, I'd suggest an early morning
attempt based on what I observed today.  The bird was magnificent!  Good
luck if you go.

Heidi