Quite late, yes.  But, without doubt I was watching a Spotted Sandpiper
on the gravel beach at the end of Harbor Rd. across from the boatyard.
I had returned to that spot today with faint hopes of seeing the
Harlequin Duck again.  No luck with the HADU, but a nice surprize seeing
the Sandpiper.  It flew in from somewhere (?), landed on a boulder
sticking out of the water, bobbed its back end lots, then began working
the litter at the highwater line.  It flew in front of the retaining
wall lakeside of the road so all flight characteristics were very
noticable.  Hope the little duffer makes it to someplace warmer rather
soon.

When you go out birding, you just never know what you're going to see.
So much fun!

Heidi