Here in Milton, the Siskins have moved, the Goldfinches have moved back, BUT
the FOX SPARROWS have moved in.  Have 4 , the biggest number to date,  that
decided for a week that they like it here.  Also, have 6+ Evening Grosbeaks
that try to eek out some kind of fair before the Blue Jays take it all.
Redwings in abundance (> 12); White-throats are sparodic as are other
sparrows except Juncos.  Man, the JUNCO''S  just dominate my yard!

If anyone has any suggestions how to discourage house cats from visiting
bird feeding areas other than throwing an old shoe at them, growling at them
or hissing I would be most appreciative.

Please respond off list unless others are interested.

Richard Harlow
Milton, VT
Arrowhead Lake Area