How often does New England:
  * have a hurricane-strength storm just offshore, and
  * have the stormiest evening be followed by developing high pressure
the next morning, and
  * have this happen on a weekend?

Not very often! So with passage of Hurricane Noel's remnant this
evening, birding tomorrow morning on the coast could be great, possibly
including pelagic rarities. Cape Cod max wind gusts this evening are
forecast to reach 75-85 MPH.

We're going to the coast tomorrow, and have room for a few other
enthusiastic birders wishing to join us (where enthusiastic means
non-stop and regardless of weather). Our destination will be the Plum
Island area unless postings indicate another location is way better. We
will depart from the interstate junction area (White River Junction)
very early on Sunday (6-7am; easier due time change), and need to be
back between 5 and 6pm.

If you'd like a ride, respond off-list to this message or call
802-649-1829. We will be out between 4:30pm and 9pm today but will
confirm any e-mails/calls.

See link below (halfway down page) for marine forecast discussion.
Doug & Spencer Hardy

<http://www.crh.noaa.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BOX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0&highlight=on>