Actually, hold your fire. I am referring to WW Scoters and the prominent
field mark near their eyes. I spotted a small group of 16 WW Scoters during a
long, long walk on the Colchester Causeway this afternoon. A small flock of 10
Snow Buntings was still settled in on the rocks just beyond the bridge. I met
Thomas Ford-Hutchinson at the bridge and he graciously pointed out 2 Long-tailed
Ducks that I had missed. There were large flocks of ducks swimming well
offshore, also, that defied identification.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington