25 or so Snow Buntings were foraging on the Mallets Bay causeway on
Halloween. Also several Bonaparte's Gulls. A Carolina Wren was singing along
the rail bed near the bog. A beautiful, windswept day.

The BLM is accepting public comments on its Environmental Impact Statement
regarding oil and other natural resource extraction in the National
Petroleum Reserve of Alaska. The proposed leasing area includes habitat
surrounding Teshekpuk Lake that has been identified as critical for breeding
and molting birds. Please visit my personal website for more information
about posting your own public comment, links to background material, and
images from my experience this summer as a field biologist near Teshekpuk Lake:

http://iausprey.googlepages.com/