With the AgION devices vs. a cleaning solution.  I would personally lean
toward the solution.  Which would:

1) Avoid the cost of purchasing all new keyboards
2) Could be applied to keyboards and mice and other surfaces
3) Has a clearly defined/known period of operation.

Who knows how long the coating on the keyboard will last?  I noticed most of
the Pubmed articles were talking about testing it on a stainless steel,
surface, not plastic.  And no one has seen if the protective coating lasts
for the entire life of the keyboard.

On 11/2/07, Colbert, Jack F. (Rick) (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hey all
>
> "We are becoming concerned about how to keep the public computer
> keyboards and mice clean and sanitary...
> Anybody have  solutions for this?"
>

> Logitec makes an "Antimicrobial" keyboard, MX-3200, cost $99.
>
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices
> /140&cl=us,en
>
> The company that makes this coating.
>
> http://www.agion-tech.com/
>
> PubMed returns three articles on this product.
>
> This is not really a silver bullet, (ahem)
> but it does offer some protection against bacteria & fungi.
> (Also, some people are allergic to silver)
>
> I suspect we will see these types of coatings grow in popularity over
> the next few years
>

> Cheers
>
> Rick Colbert
> Reference Librarian