-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Colbert, Jack F. (Rick) (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 8:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: computer cleanliness

 Hey all

"We are becoming concerned about how to keep the public computer
keyboards and mice clean and sanitary...
Anybody have  solutions for this?"

Logitec makes an "Antimicrobial" keyboard, MX-3200, cost $99.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices
/140&cl=us,en

The company that makes this coating.

http://www.agion-tech.com/

PubMed returns three articles on this product.

This is not really a silver bullet, (ahem) but it does offer some
protection against bacteria & fungi.
(Also, some people are allergic to silver)

I suspect we will see these types of coatings grow in popularity over
the next few years

Cheers

Rick Colbert
Reference Librarian