I wrote:

>> Can you tell that it hasn't really snowed yet in Idaho this season and I have
>> nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon than read ski magazines?

And Roger K. responded:

>You mean other than hike,bike,climb, & kayak?

Hiking was the best option (other than watching the Giants lose), but I'm trying
to reduce my non-winter driving to trips that involve going with someone else,
and I had no one else to hike with today. My non-driving plan has worked, as
I've only put 4,000 miles on my car in the past 6 months. I may triple distance
that in the next 6 months. There is some local hiking, but I'd rather run on
those trails.

I'm burned out on biking, plus the trails might still be muddy from last night's
rain and muddy riding is forbidden on the Foothills trails for good reason. I
mountain biked a lot this summer and fall.

I'm not a climber.

I'm not a kayaker, but even if I was I think the kayaking season is over due to
the drought that has river levels at 50% of normal. It looks like I could
almost walk across the Boise River with water only coming up to my knees.

So I went for a run instead in the setting sun.

>I  like the idea that you're sitting around on the couch.  Come
>February, Paul &  I may be that much closer to you as we chase you up
>the hills.

Then I guess you don't want to hear that I've lost 15 lbs. since ski season
ended and am down to my high school weight. It's amazing what regular exercise
during the week can do instead of the weekend warrior thing.

Jim