I do have to say, I think Schilling is near brilliant for negotiating this
into his contract.  With salary incentives being increasingly popular, he
still comes out looking like a competitor.  But rather than relying on whose
results rest on much out of his control, such as his teams performance in
the post-season, Schilling tied his to something that was completely within
his.  If only I could convince my bosses to do the same.