I do have to say, I think Schilling is near brilliant for negotiating this into his contract.  With salary incentives being increasingly popular, he still comes out looking like a competitor.  But rather than relying on whose results rest on much out of his control, such as his teams performance in the post-season, Schilling tied his to something that was completely within his.  If only I could convince my bosses to do the same.