On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 16:59:11 -0500, Aaron Lavallee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Just heard from a friend who works at the mountain that Stowe may be
>pushing their opening day to Saturday the 17th.. hopefully more will be known
>by early next week.

Snowmaking is going to be a problem from probably Mon through Thurs except
at night in the higher elevations as our H85 temps go above 0C.  Weather
pattern goes zonal next week with a 150kt jet coming ashore in the Pacific
NW and then screaming across the northern tier of the U.S.  It won't get
very mild but I'm thinking the mountains see 25F/40F type of spread from
3,000ft and up.  Down at 1,500ft we'll probably 30F/upper 40's for Mon-Wed.

There is some spread between the model guidance but no doubt after Thursday
we cool down for good with H85 going below zero with negative teens possible
sometime over the weekend.  Chances for synoptic snowfall increase next
weekend as well.

-Scott